Just like another application, after successfully Installation and running-well.
The next step is monitoring.
For vmware server, linux edition, the produsen of this application, make webtool monitoring, called management interface or vmware-mui.
This tools can be downloaded at the same page as download vmware-server. At that page you can read as Management interface
The VMware Server Web-based management interface. Install on your VMware Server system to enable control from a Web browser. Includes downloadable VMware Server Console installation files.
With this application, we can control the guest host at our vmware server machine, it can start/stop the guest machine, and look the guest system configuration.
This articel use vmware-server version 1.06.
- Before install vmware-mui, make sure the vmware-server has running well.
- Complate the vmware-mui required package
apt-get install apache2 libxi6 xfsprogs
- Change the bash system
rm -f /bin/sh ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh
- Extract the vmware-mui packcage
- Running the instalastion script
- Start the service
# /etc/init.d/httpd.vmware start Starting httpd.vmware: done
- After installation finish, you can login at webbrowser with your vmware-server ip at port 8333
- The result